The George Adventures

welcome

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” -Ashley Smith

Been a while.....


I know I have promised Ephraim's birth story to some of you...it's still not on here as you can see. I am working hard on it and want to get it just right! A quick update before life pulls us to the car yet again...

Kevin is making a wonderful father of two! He takes Ephraim and Joel downstairs almost every morning so I can get a little "extra" sleep. He faithfully stood by my side during labor, he knew when he needed to be there for me and he knew when to back of a little and let me be by myself. He even knew before I did that it was time to have Ephraim, I think I was in denial.

Joel is an amazing big brother! He is so helpful, sometimes too much so! He didn't really freak out when he saw his little brother. And the first time he held him he gave him a big hug and kiss. He has been acting out a little bit more, and we take this as our cue that he needs some attention. I think he's a little jealous that baby gets to sleep with us and he keeps getting put back in his own bed...but he will live.

Ephraim was born weighing 9lbs 2oz and was 22in long. Yesterday at the doctor he weighed 9lbs 5oz! He eats like a little piggy and will probably be 30lbs by next week! He too has a latch problem though (starting to wonder if it's on my end!). Until we can get to a lactation consultant he is eating from a bottle and does get some formula as well. I broke down and gave him formula because he was absolutely irate one night because he was so hungry!

I am doing well enough. I am down 10lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight. Don't know how I managed that one! Only about 100 more to go! Towards the end of labor with Ephraim I was thinking that I didn't know if I would even have more babies (I thought I was still at 6 or 7cm). Call me crazy but I am totally ready to do it again! LoL!

Well, the birth story will be posted sometime in the next millennium so stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment