The George Adventures

welcome

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” -Ashley Smith

A peaceful dinner...


While looking up verses about hatred today I found one I really liked that I have never heard before...that I know of. I haven't been living under a rock...I grew up in a Christian household...just don't recall if I've heard this one before...

Proverbs 15:17 Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.

I love it! It's better to eat a "salad" with people who love you, than it is to eat a big ol' steak with those who hate you or with those you hate or where hatred reigns. I guess I love it because, like everyone else I am sure, I have had both experiences. Quite literally. I have eaten dinner with those I love most and it is one of my most favorite things to do...because, well, you are surrounded in love. I remember, when I was little and my dad would be working close by, I always wanted to go meet him for lunch. It was a silly little thing really, but even to this day it makes me happy! On the other hand, I have had to break people's hearts a couple of times lately by telling them that if "so and so" were going to be at dinner that my family would not be able to attend...no matter how yummy dinner would be...it would automatically be soured...it is not a nice feeling to feel out of place because someone does not like you or a part of you anyway.

Taking this verse a little deeper...wouldn't it be a lot nicer to be with those you love in a poor country being missionaries filled with and surrounded by love...than to be in a huge mansion with swimming pools, hot tubs, fancy sheets, and fancy cars with those you dislike and who are probably not very nice people??

So what do you do? Avoid the person/situation at all costs? Probably not. The thing, whatever it is that's there, needs to be taken care of...as hard as it may be. But why not balance it with the nice "meals" with those that love you? Time to break out the herbs so the dinner of steak is more easily digested!! (LoL!!)

(Sorry for any confusing statements or mis-spellings or typos...it's late and I am going to bed!) :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment