The George Adventures

welcome

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” -Ashley Smith

Christians and Lawsuits...


There are days when I let my Bible open up to wherever it decides...I always think that maybe there is something in the passages that fall open that I need to read. And lo and behold, today opened up to something I have been struggling with in the past couple of weeks. It comes from 1st Corinthians...

1 If any of you has a dispute with another, do you dare to take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the Lord’s people? 2 Or do you not know that the Lord’s people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? 3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! 4 Therefore, if you have disputes about such matters, do you ask for a ruling from those whose way of life is scorned in the church? 5 I say this to shame you. Is it possible that there is nobody among you wise enough to judge a dispute between believers? 6 But instead, one brother takes another to court—and this in front of unbelievers!


7 The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated? 8 Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers and sisters. 9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God?

Many of you have read before that Kevin and I are struggling in a court battle currently. I have analyzed the accusations made against my husband every which way but upside down...I do not believe that the accusations are true and have no problem telling people that. Although, I really cannot go into detail at this point in time, sorry. Let's just say the lawyers we've had are also scratching their heads wondering what the heck the other party was thinking.

Anyway, back to the scripture and such. Someone dared to take an accusation before the ungodly law before even trying to figure out what had really happened, if anything. Someone jumped to conclusions before stopping and listening. Someone took another believer to court, and all this for unbelievers to see and say, "Look at those Christian's stab each other in the back, why do I want anything to do with Jesus if that's what it will be like?" And verse 8 that says, "Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers and sisters." That is literal for me! My sister and her husband are the ones that are putting us through this. They are also lying about it in the court room just to get ahead. I have a gut wrenching feeling that they know it too, they just don't care because they want to save face and not admit that they are wrong. Many lies have been told on their part, go figure that I don't have any evidence for this, just me and my kitchen walls! Kevin and I have tried to be extremely honest in our part of this situation, because not only did he do nothing wrong, we also feel that we will not pull through this and be blessed by telling lies.

I know some of you are still probably thinking, yeah well her husband is lying. Well, I know he's not. I was there with him! I can recall in my head the two times things supposedly happened...and I was right there!! Now do you honestly think that if my husband was doing something wrong I am going to stand there and let him do it?! HECK NO! I am going to be heading for the frying pan to use on his skull. But will the fact that I was right there hold up in court? No. Why not? I am his wife and would be seen as trying to "protect him." Because that is what all women do...nope sorry, if he did do something wrong he should pay...if he didn't then someone should step forward, admit that they were wrong, and be done with this whole mess! Hahaha... Until then, we are stuck...we aren't able to move forward until all of this is behind us...and we have things we are looking forward to doing in our lifetimes, to help others out. But alas, some people don't think about others...they only think about themselves getting ahead and being right all the time. Guess we'll all have to deal with those types of people at some point in our lives...

0 comments:

Post a Comment