The George Adventures

welcome

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” -Ashley Smith

More adventures?...


Bad posts later...but for now...I am going to post about some things I am thinking of starting. I didn't want to be one of those crazy busy moms that never did anything but run, run, run though!

I think there is a need here in Clinton county for a support group for women who have husbands/partners in jail or prison. Just somewhere to let it all out and be able to cry with others who are going through the same thing. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have faith, or people around who are praying for us. I can't imagine some of these women who don't have anyone to talk to. It makes me sad.

Along those same lines, Clinton county jail doesn't have any programs to teach inmates how to take care of the infants they may be going home to. To some of us it's second nature, to others it's not. I'd love to teach childbirth classes and infant care classes to the inmates.

Again, along those same lines, in the area jails there are pregnant inmates. These women may have done stuff wrong, but they still deserve love and support during such an emotional time! Can you imagine not being allowed anyone but the hospital staff and a guard or two in the room while you are laboring? No support at all from friend or family? I have read about a group of women who go in and offer doula support to the inmates. As far as I know there aren't any programs around here like that.

I just feel like Kevin and I have all these things pressed on our hearts and we always ignore them! So it isn't any wonder we are in the mess we are in now! You just can't ignore a calling to help others. What do you think of my ventures? Do you know someone who needs support? Maybe you could ask them what they think!

0 comments:

Post a Comment